In today’s world choosing the right water heater for your home encourages more consideration than in the past. Evolving weather patterns and increased awareness to climate change make investing in an environment-friendly and energy-efficient water heater a priority.
The AO Smith gas water heater promises advanced energy-saving technology housed in a convenient and easily-installed unit. A gas water heating unit worth investing in, it proves to be the smarter and more cost-effective choice in the long run, when compared to its electrical counterparts.
The AO Smith Gas Water Heater
AO Smith’s water heater family consists of a wide range of advanced water heaters – from gas to electric, tankless to solar-powered. When going green, a natural gas water heater will provide you with the guilt-free high-demand water heating solution you need. The best is one that covers all your needs and supports your pocket!
The ProMax family of gas water heating units are ideal for large families with a large hot water requirement.
They meet all regulations of the National Appliance Energy Conservation Act (NAECA) and qualify you for gas utility rebates. You can save money by not only making gas your energy of choice but also by applying for a rebate and joining the eco-friendly revolution.
The AO Smith gas water heater XCR-50 is created with a host of intelligent features that set it apart from other gas heaters on the market.
- An intelligent internal microprocessor optimizes functionality by providing a faster heating response and precise sensing.
- A thermopile allows the gas hot water tank to heat water without requiring an external power source.
- Dynaclean technology prevents the build-up of lime and sediment so you can appreciate smart and efficient hot water flow.
- The corrosion-resistant lining is supported by Blue Diamond technology, making it a highly efficient water heater that is low on maintenance.
Why This Gas Water Heater Is For You
Intelligent design, innovative technology
Undoubtedly created for the discerning consumer, the AO Smith ProMax offers features to guarantee its high-efficiency promise.
With a corrosion-resistant glass lining, self-powered thermopile, gas-valve, and lime-reducing diffuser there’s little doubt the AO Smith gas water heater XCR-50 might just be the best hot water heater on the market.
Thanks to Blue Diamond technology and a Dynaclean diffuser you can enjoy efficient water heating in a high-demand household.
Eco-friendly is also pocket-friendly
Previously, being environmentally-friendly came at a premium and was not the affordable option as much as it was the smart one. Now, by investing in a gas-fueled water heater, you can save with lower natural gas costs as compared to electricity and claim your money back by applying for a gas utility rebate.
The AO Smith Water Heater warranty provides you with a 10-year limited tank and 6-year parts warranty. This translates into more for your dollar in the long run.
AO Smith Water Heater reviews have seen the XCR-50 ProMax preferred for its slender dimensions and easy-installation convenience.
With dimensions of 22 x 22 x 57.2 inches, the 50 gallon water heater, with a design certified by CSA International, has an estimated yearly energy cost of $263. Although at the higher end of the energy cost spectrum, this number is still below other similar water heaters that estimate a yearly cost of up to $275.
The AO Smith ProMax is compliant by a number of national codes including UBC, CEC, and HUD. It meets the thermal efficiency and standby loss requirements of the U.S. Department of Energy and meets all regulations set forth by the NAECA.
Install this unit anywhere in the home as your AO Smith gas water heater is fitted with a specialized vent allowing it to vent up to 40 feet. Where other models of gas heaters pose restrictions, this one allows for convenient installation in accordance with the design of your home.
The solution to your water heating problems
The AO Smith gas water heater solves all your water heating problems with an array of great qualities. Although not the cheapest or smallest model on the market, it does boast a series of noteworthy benefits. Once you have your hands on it, it is sure to make any other competing units pale in comparison.
- Eco-friendly – Natural gas is now the preferred fuel as it emits half as much CO2 as coal to produce a given amount of electricity.
- Cost-effective – Natural gas is significantly cheaper than electricity. According to the US Energy Information Administration’s 2012 data, up to 66 million U.S. residents are now using natural gas to fuel their homes.
- Qualify for Utility Rebate – Save money by applying for a gas utility rebate.
- Longer Warranty – With a 10-year limited tank warranty, the manufacturer ensures service provision for longer than most.
- High-Efficiency Heating – Advanced features such as the Blue Diamond glass lining, the thermopile gas valve, and the Dynaclean diffuser ensure your heating unit provides efficient, state-of-the-art water heating for longer.
- Easy Installation – Noted for its convenience and easy installation, the AO Smith gas water heater can also be fitted anywhere in the home as its specialized gas vent reaches up to 40 feet.
- Code Compliant and NAECA certified
Completely electricity-free operation
The AO Smith gas water heater operates entirely on natural gas fuel, even circumventing electricity usage for its electronic gas control. The ProMax unit uses thermopile technology to power the electronic gas valve attached to the heater so you can control the gas without the use of an external power source.
Faster heating response
The built-in microprocessor produces an enhanced sensing and heating response. This means water heats faster in response to its modern sensing system allowing for higher energy efficiency. Save money on using less fuel to heat water at a faster rate.
Reduced lime and sediment build-up
The Dynaclean diffuser dip tube aids in reducing the amount of lime and sediment build-up that usually occurs over time. This can often cause a blockage or reduction in the hot water outflow from the unit. Look forward to maximum hot water output for longer with a durable PEX cross-linked polymer dip tube.
Blue Diamond glass coating is the industry-standard glass lining of the AO Smith gas water heater tank. The advanced coating technology protects the lining against corrosion which can often shorten the lifespan of the units.
Safety vent for interior installation
Have your water heating unit conveniently installed anywhere in your home. The specialized gas vent that furnishes all of the ProMax family models gives you a vent range of up to 40 feet. Therefore, units equipped with a direct vent give you a two-pipe combustion system maintains clean air ventilation in your home.
What We Like
- Cost-effective water-heating
- High-efficiency hot water output
- Advanced technology systems
- Reinforced for long-term usage
- Eco-friendly – natural gas instead of electricity
- Qualify for gas utility rebate
- Easy installation
- 50-gallon capacity
- Ideal for families with high hot water demand
- Meets NAECA regulations
- 10-year limited tank warranty, 6-year limited parts warranty
- High initial cost – Although cost-effective in the long run, the initial higher price is likely due to its premium features and sturdy build.
Gas vs. Electric Water Heaters
Gas, the most widely used energy resource has now become a resource for not only the environmentally conscious, but also the cost-aware consumer.
Although they cost more upfront, gas water heaters are cheaper to operate than their electrical counterparts. The consumer inevitably saves money due to its energy efficiency and lower utility costs.
Gas water heating has proven to be twice as fast as electrical water heating. Additionally, it can operate entirely on gas alone.
The durable glass coating the lining of the gas water heater tank reinforces the tank. This makes it last longer and also reduces the maintenance. Additionally, the peace of mind that comes with operating an eco-friendly water heater in the home is, in itself, priceless.
However, when it comes to electrical water heating there is a fair share of advantages to consider too. A cheaper installation fee and upfront cost make it an attractive option. Conversely, the money saved on installation will soon be used to pay the utility bill a month later.
It is important to note that in the case of an electrical failure or blackout in your residential area, an electric water heater will fail to work thereby causing inconvenience.
This AO Smith water heater review is aimed at providing valuable information to the consumer considering the purchase of a water heater.
Although there are pros and cons to gas heaters, it should be highlighted that this unit comes with an impressive list of advanced features. Essentially, it is a technologically up-to-date unit, perfect for your home.
It’s pioneering design and noteworthy features promote the ideal of an energy-efficient, environmentally friendly, and cost-effective model for the modern-day consumer in the market to purchase. Ultimately, consumer reviews and intelligent design mark this efficiently designed unit as a leader in its field.