Tankless water heaters are popular with businesses and homeowners alike. Over the years, they have come to realize the benefits of instant water heating technology. A Takagi tankless water heater is one of the better known products in the industry, as the brand has been producing leading models for the market for more than 70 years.
A Takagi tankless water heater is unique in several ways. It is sized according to the peak flow water requirements to make sure that it suits your home or business perfectly. With no boiler or tank, Takagi’s wall-mount design will also ensure that you don’t have to waste any valuable space. This gives you greater flexibility and more storage space to work with in your home or office.
These dynamic units also take into account extreme temperature fluctuations. Simply check the specifications to find a model that meets your home or business’ water heating requirements.
By the end of this article, you will know the answers to the following questions:
- Pros and cons of Takagi tankless water heaters
- Which size and type you need for your home
- The main features of top 3 Takagi products currently on the market
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
- Energy-efficient to save you money in the long run
- Generally have a longer lifespan than conventional tank water heaters, usually lasting almost twice as long
- With no boiler or tank attached, tankless water heaters need much less storage space than a conventional tank water heater
- Unlimited access to hot water at any time, provided you select the right size for your requirements.
- Hot water available in seconds. This differs from conventional tank models which typically take a few minutes to heat up
- Depending on size, provides enough hot water for multiple showers while running household appliances at the same time
Takagi Tankless Water Heater Reviews
|Takagi T-H3J-DV-N Condensing High Efficiency Natural Gas Indoor Tankless Water Heater, 6.6-Gallon Per Minute||Prime||Buy Now on Amazon|
|Takagi T-H3S-DV-N Condensing High Efficiency Natural Gas Indoor Tankless Water Heater, 8-Gallon Per Minute||Prime||Buy Now on Amazon|
|Takagi T-H3-DV-N Condensing High Efficiency Natural Gas Indoor Tankless Water Heater, 10-Gallon Per Minute||Prime||Buy Now on Amazon|
1. Takagi T-H3J-DV-N 6.6 Gallon Gas Indoor Tankless Water Heater
This dynamic 6.6 gallon is one of Takagi’s high performance water heaters. Featuring condensing technology that is paired with an ultra-low nitrogen oxide (NOx) standard and a .95 uniform energy factor, this Takagi tankless water heater is considered one of the most efficient products on the market today.
Designed with the finest materials as well as a primary exchanger made from commercial-grade HRS35 copper alloy for the heat exchanger tubing, this unit is extremely resilient to all forms of corrosion. The backup, which is made of stainless steel, is also designed to protect the unit from corrosion. Overall, this promotes and ensures a healthy lifespan.
For those of you who are safety conscious, this unit is the perfect choice. It comes with a long list of standard and computerized safety features and doesn’t have a pilot switch for you to worry about. Safety features include the following:
- An air-fuel ratio sensor
- Exhaust and water temperature safety controls
- An overheat cut-off fuse
- An internal freeze protection system
Furthermore, all Takagi T-H3J-DV units come with a built-in temperature control feature as well as advanced diagnostics. In the long run, this can help to simplify troubleshooting as well as save you money.
These units are suitable for lighter residential use including domestic recirculation systems or space heating. An advanced control is also included, making the Takagi T-H3J-DV-N easy to use. Overall, it is a suitable hot water solution for your household or businesses.
- High efficiency condensing technology
- Ensures ultra-low NOx emissions
- Includes dual heat exchangers
- Offers enhanced safety features
- Provides Installation and control options
What We Like
- An extremely powerful, compact unit that is suited to both residential and commercial properties
- The advanced condensing system eliminates the need for fancy vents
- Enhanced and unparalleled flow rate
- Extremely corrosion resistant
- Slightly pricier compared to other brand models of a similar caliber
- Installation can be complicated and we suggest that you get a professional to do it
- The GPM rate can falter slightly in colder weather conditions
2. Takagi T-H3S-DV-N 8 Gallon High-Efficiency Water Heater
This T-H3S-DV-N Takagi tankless water heater model is an exceedingly versatile 4” direct vent system, which can be used indirectly or directly. This natural gas model offers advanced performance and fully condensing low NOx emissions. It is a 180,000 BTU heater designed for both residential and commercial use, with a flow rate of 8 GPM. Furthermore, this model includes wired remote thermostat controllers that allow the heater to reach temperatures of up to 140°F. In most homes, this is enough water for two major applications.
What makes this specific model even more advanced is that it can also be connected with your existing storage tanks, hydronic heating systems, recirculation systems, radiant floor systems as well as domestic and heating applications. This gives you ultimate flexibility, allowing you to effortlessly integrate this waterless tank into your home or small business.
Additionally, this unit includes several handy safety features, including freeze, surge protection, overheat, troubleshooting diagnostic codes, again making it one of the longest lasting and durable models on the market.
Ideal for medium-sized homes and small businesses, this multipurpose unit is the perfect solution and will save you a lot of money in the colder seasons.
- 4” direct vent system
- Remote thermostat controller
- 180,000 BTU
- 8 GMP
- Low NOx emissions
- Ideal for medium homes and small businesses
What We Like
- Easily integrated into your home or businesses exiting systems
- Low NOx emissions
- 120°F hot water in about 30-40 seconds
- Very quiet unit
- Lights to indicate if the unit is working or not
- Low gas usage
- Unit is slightly bigger than other similar models
- Cabling used to clean the system can be bulky and take up space
3. Takagi T-H3-DV-N 10 Gallon Indoor Tankless Appliance
The Takagi T-H3-DV-N is a gas-fired tankless water heater featuring high energy and thermal efficiency. This dynamic model can produce around 10 gallons of hot water per minute, making it ideal for large households where multiple faucets and appliances are being used simultaneously.
With a high GPM rate, Takagi T-H3-DV-N is able to easily service four bathrooms with a continuous supply of water. The unique and advanced condensing technology allows for extremely silent operation and is the perfect option for people who love their quiet, or people who simply like to shower at night.
What makes this model a true contender in the Takagi range is its consistently low NOx emissions. Furthermore, this model includes a gas input of 199,000 BTU, high-energy conversion features and a self-modulating heating mechanism, giving you a bang for your buck.
It also features an energy factor of 0.95 for natural gas, making it one of the best energy-saving tankless water heaters. Additionally, being 11.2 x 17.8 x 24.9 inches, this model is considered one of the smallest units in the 10 GPM range, making it ideal for homes with less space. Note that it does require a special venting and pipe system as well as professional installation.
Like most Takagi tankless water heaters, this unit comes with a 15-year limited warranty for residential models, as well as a 5-year limited parts warranty. With its high-energy efficiency and extended warranty and you know you are covered, making this Takagi tankless water heater a solid investment.
- Advanced condensing technology
- High energy and thermal efficiency
- High GPM rate
- Computerized safety features and no pilot light
- Low NOx Emissions
- Self-modulating heating mechanism
What We Like
- High volume output
- High efficiency
- Low NOx emissions
- Compact and ideal for small spaces
- Extended warranty
- Extremely quiet when in use
- Installation can be slightly pricey
- The water temperature can drop by one or two degrees for a short period during heavy use but will quickly rise to the correct temperature
Tankless Indoor vs Outdoor Water Heaters
Indoor heaters are ideal for people living in colder climates, eliminating the need to deal with your outdoor water tank freezing or getting damaged during harsh weather conditions. While outdoor water heaters offer free airflow, indoor heaters require some sort of specialized ventilation piping, which can be bulky.
Whether you use an indoor or outdoor model depends on your house and the location where you live. Existing houses will likely benefit from outdoor models as this requires fewer adjustments for the plumbing. Indoor heaters would require you to make changes to your house to accommodate the venting.
Should you be building a new home, indoor units are the perfect solution. All you need to do is integrate them into your home during the construction period.
One of the biggest advantages of having an indoor tankless water heater is that it won’t be exposed to harsh weather or freezing temperatures. Being indoors means it will avoid the damage harsh weather can cause.
It is recommended that you hire a professional to install your gas water heater. After choosing the installation site, the plumber may have to open some walls if it’s necessary. The plumber will also have to run pipes from the unit to ensure proper ventilation. In some cases, new plumbing may have to be installed to accommodate the unit.
After taking a look at three top indoor Takagi tankless water heaters, the conclusion is simple. With a well-known brand backing the products, it’s hard to go wrong. So, we recommend that you decide which model best suits your home or office based on how much hot water you need to supply to it.
For compact to medium-sized homes, we recommend the Takagi 6.6 gallon model. For conventional residential or commercial spaces, the 8 gallon would be the best fit. Lastly, for large homes or small businesses, the 10 gallon will do the trick.
Lastly, Takagi is known for its superior design, advanced features, and technology. It is designed to offer you a consistent and reliable hot water supply, without taking up too much space in your home.