No matter the size of your home, it’s always important to have a continuous supply of hot water for the kitchen or bathroom at any given time. Depending on your set up, you might be interested in buying a propane tankless water heater.
Instant hot water supply, cost-efficiency, space efficiency and high energy savings (we’re speaking savings of around 30 to 50 percent versus traditional water heaters) are some great reasons in favor of installing a tankless model.
To aid you in choosing the most applicable to you, we review 4 quality propane tankless water heaters. Whether you have a big or small household or want indoor or outdoor installation, one of these can be a perfect option for you.
Table of Contents
4 Reviews Of Propane Tankless Water Heater Appliances
|Top Top||Rinnai V65IP Tankless Water Heater, Large, V65iP-Propane/6.5 GPM||Prime||Buy Now on Amazon|
|Top Top||Camplux 2.64 GPM Residential Indoor Tankless Water Heater,On-Demand Instant Water Heater with Fahrenheit Digital Display, Liquefied Propane Gas Water Heater for Small Homes, Apartments Use,Black||Prime||Buy Now on Amazon|
|Top Top||Rinnai V94EP Tankless Water Heaters, V94eP-Propane/9.4 GPM||Prime||Buy Now on Amazon|
|Top Top||Rinnai RL Series HE+ Tankless Hot Water Heater: Indoor Installation, Medium||Prime||Buy Now on Amazon|
1. Rinnai V65IP Tankless Water Heater
It’s not often that you think of a water heater appliance as a strategic investment for your current and future. When considering the amount of money and hassle you will save yourself, the Rinnai propane tankless water heater is indispensable. High efficiency, comfort and value are what make the Rinnai V65IP and set it apart from other propane models on the market.
This model is ready to use from the get-go, providing you with hot water on-demand. This is undoubtedly an A-plus for convenience and enables functionality that also retracts from water loss while waiting for the water to heat up.
The heater’s compact indoor use design means that it is both waste-efficient and efficient with respect to costs. Slightly smaller in comparison to other heaters, it’s perfect for indoor use in small to medium homes. In fact, the more compact design of the Rinnai V65IP means that fewer carbon emissions are released during the heater’s construction.
If you happen to break a component of the propane heater, it can be easily replaced rather than having to buy an entirely new system. Most water heating systems last 20 years, roughly 10 more years than the average traditional tank type, so you wouldn’t need to replace it for a long time.
Rinnai V65IP Main Features
- Smart technology system features (WiFi monitoring of the tankless heater)
- 40% less energy utilization (as well as water savings) versus traditional water heaters
- ThermaCirc360 technology ensures speedy water heating and provides up to 6.5 GPM (gallons per minute) water flow rate
- Remote schedule and timers which are controlled by the mobile app, Control-R 2.0.
- 20-year life expectancy
- Trusted brand with more than 100 years of experience
- Tankless compact size is space-efficient for versatile placement such as the attic or closet
- It is an indoor vs. outdoor tankless heater and is, therefore, restricted to indoor use only
- The small capacity may not be suitable for large homes
- Larger initial capital cost
2. Camplux Propane Indoor Tankless Water Heater with 2.64 GPM
The Camplux tankless water heater provides the best of style, featuring its sleek design and shiny finish as well as impressive functionality. It’s an excellent option to supply hot water in smaller households or at water points with lower demand.
It’s new revolutionary indoor design exhibits a polished black exterior and fully automatic digital water temperature controls. For your safety, the unit has dry combustion protection, flame failure device, as well as anti-freezing protection. That said, it is better installed indoors at an elevation of below 2,000 ft due to the water heater line.
An exclusive color screen design points you in the direction of choosing between the Eco and Full switch function, which saves energy. In fact, the brand promises as much as 88.5% high thermal efficiency on this unit. You can also expect an output of 2.64 GPM, with a temperature rise of 77-degree Fahrenheit.
This Camplux indoor model has a maximum power output of 68,000btu per hour and operating propane gas pressure of 0.4 PSI. It has a gas inlet connector sized 5/8″ UNF inverted flare male, true 1/2″ NPT water fitting, and comes ready for installation in a small home, apartment, or cabin.
Camplux Indoor Tankless Water Heater Features
- Operating propane gas pressure: 0.4PSI; Maximum power output is 68,000 BTU per hour
- 2.64 GPM with a water temperature rise of 77 degrees Fahrenheit
- Equipped with a horizontal stainless steel vent pipe 120-volt power cord for easy installation
- Aesthetic and sleek finish with black exterior and digital display
- Its compact size and wall-mounting capability makes it the best space-efficient option
- Average of 88.5% high thermal efficiency
- The unit is protected by a safe electronic ignition system. This safeguards the heater by way of anti-freezing protection, flame failure device, and dry combustion protection.
- This propane model is suitable for indoor use only
- Not be suitable for large homes
3. Rinnai V94EP Tankless Water Propane Heater
There’s nothing worse than waiting for your housemate to finish up in the bathroom, finally stepping into the shower, and then finding out that the water is cold. Sound relatable? If yes, then this propane heater might do the job for you.
The V94EP water heater from Rinnai balances the perfect combination of comfort, high efficiency, and value of propane gas. It provides a maximum of 9.4 gallons per minute hot water flow rate. This is easily enough for the needs of all persons residing in small to medium homes.
The propane heater is compact, easy-to-install, reliable and suitable (and limited) to outdoor locations. It makes use of the Control-R 2.0 mobile app, which enables users to monitor the temperature, schedule timers for recirculation, and to activate the heater’s sleeping mode simply and remotely.
WiFi Remote Access
Overall, when looking at the Rinnai V94EP, the investment in this model not only means that the hot water needs of everyone in your house will be catered to, but you will save on energy, water, and long-term costs while doing so. Selecting this heater means that you will never have to risk an icy cold shower getting in the way of having the best start to your day.
Rinnai V94EP Main Features
- Up to 9.4 GPM (varies by groundwater temp)
- Control-R 2.0 mobile app which presents timers to remotely schedule recirculation and power modes such as the vacation mode.
- Employs ThermaCirc360 technology for hot water recirculation
- Warranty: 120 months (heat exchanger), 12 months (labor), 60 months (parts)
- The tankless water heater’s efficiency means that it spends 40% less energy than traditional water heaters
- Exhibits a high hot water flow rate and heating capacity
- Produced by a reputable brand with 100 years of experience
- The average life expectancy of 20 years versus that of 8-10 years for conventional tanks
- Suited for outdoor installation only
- The aesthetics of the heater are relatively poor compared to other tankless gas water heaters. Although, that shouldn’t be a problem because of the tankless heater’s outdoor installation.
- Expensive initial investment
4. Rinnai RL75iP HE+ High-Efficiency Tankless Hot Water Heater
This propane tankless water heater forms an integral part of the High-Efficiency (HE+) RL heater series offered by Rinnai – with a performance that reflects just that. The RL75iP water heater exhibits a harmonious combination of some most advanced technology producing a top of the range tankless water heater.
The tankless heater’s extreme levels of efficiency, showcasing an energy factor rating of 82% (See more on energy ratings), means that you will be shaving mountains of costs off your water and energy bill while enjoying the benefits of an immediate, unlimited, and effortless hot water supply.
The water heater is designed for indoor use and installation only. It provides up to 7.5 GPM of hot water for a typical living space comprising 2 to 3 bedrooms. It features an aesthetic finish, designed to be compact enough to fit right in with almost any room without cramping your style.
The magic of this propane heater is aided by advanced recirculation and Wi-Fi monitoring technology to streamline the hot water supply output. No longer will you have to time your showers around your water heater. This model will best fit your schedule. You can check our complete review of this RL75ip for more information.
Rinnai RL75iP Water Heater Features
- Delivers a hot water flow rate of up to 7.5 GPM (varies with respect to groundwater temperatures)
- Has a uniform energy-saving factor rating of 81% in comparison to traditional water heaters
- Provides an indoor heating capacity for a 2 to 3 bedroom home
- Residential Factory Warranty: 120 months (for heat exchanger); 12 months (labor); 60 months (parts)
- Voice activation technology adds a new dimension the heater’s ease of use
- Aesthetic appearance, suitable to “blend in” to any room when implemented for indoor use
- Wi-Fi monitoring capabilities
- Circ-Logic technology equips you to time recirculation patterns around your schedule to ensure you have hot water available specifically when you need it
- Not as compact as other tankless water heaters
- Quite expensive
- Only suitable for indoor installation and use
Investing in a propane gas tankless might be the most rewarding and affordable purchase you make for your home. In addition, if you’re looking for a compact water heater or other models that saves space and isn’t an eyesore, then tankless units are the best way to go.
In recapping the reviews, each of the best propane tankless water heater models exhibits the essential elements that ensure that you are supplied hot water as well as reduced energy and water consumption. It really depends on what size tankless water heater you need. The rest of the features really are a matter of preference and your specific requirements. If you’re taking advice from us, investing in a propane tankless heater is easily a win on all sides.