Today, gas water heaters are a popular choice on the market. Many people choose to buy them because they are efficient, affordable, and provide a safe hot water supply when necessary. They are also usually space and energy-saving and will ensure that you do not run out of hot water in your home.
In this post, we will take a look at the Rinnai V65EN water heater (product updated in 2019), which is a tankless outdoor appliance that runs on natural gas, and learn more more about what it has to offer your household.
We will lay down all of its many features, advantages, and disadvantages and compare it to other appliances of the same type. This way you will get a clearer picture of how competitive it is, and whether or not it is worth investing in for your home.
Rinnai V65EN Water Heater: What Does it Offer?
- Lightweight and compact
- Measures 13.75 x 6.75 x 20.88 inches
- Has a flow rate of about 6.6 gallons per minute at 150,000 BTU per hour
- Comes equipped with an enhanced scale detection feature, which helps reduce long-term and serious damage to the unit
- Has a temperature-lock system preventing unauthorized and accidental changes to the water temperature
- It boasts an energy factor of 0.82
- The temperature setting ranges from 98 degrees Fahrenheit up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- Efficiently delivers 6.6 gallons of hot water per minute, which will adequately supply a one- or two-bathroom apartment.
- Enhanced scale detection feature helps to reduce long-term and serious damage to the unit, and reduces the need for constant maintenance.
- Temperature-lock system provides safety while preventing unauthorized and accidental changes to the water temperature.
- Unit is space-and energy-saving and is easy to install.
- It ensures a continuous supply of reliable, clean, and consistently hot water in your home.
- Complies with the low NOx emission level which makes it less toxic than the other heaters.
- The venting requirements are minimal since it is an outdoor-unit only.
- It can only be installed outdoors because of its venting system which can pose health hazards if installed indoors.
About the Appliance
This water heater operates using natural gas, which gives you almost the same practical and cheap fuel source that a typical tanked gas heater requires. It comes with an enhanced level of scale detection, which helps reduce severe and long-term damage to the unit allowing it to function correctly for a longer time and reducing the need for constant maintenance.
The Rinnai V65EN water heater can deliver up to 6.6 gallons of hot water per minute, which is more than enough to supply a one- or a two-bathroom apartment. It has very low energy consumption.
It also complies with the low NOx emission level, which makes it less toxic than the other models and types of water heating appliances on the market today. The Rinnai water heater is ultra-compact and is easy to install, and there are very minimal venting requirements. Its temperature settings can also range from 98 degrees up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
The Rinnai Tankless Water Heater vs. Other Models
Similar to the Rinnai water heater when it comes to what it can offer is the Rheem Low NOx Outdoor Tankless Gas Water Heater. It too operates using natural gas, making it a cost-effective way to supply hot water into a home.
It can deliver a continuous flow rate that can reach an average of 9.5 gallons per minute.
Furthermore, it measures 18.5 x 9.8 x 27.5 inches, and it clocks in at 78.3 pounds. The Rheem Low NOx Outdoor Tankless Gas Water Heater also comes with a remote control and a ten-feet thermostat wire cable. It needs to be installed outdoors as it can pose serious health hazards when kept indoors.
Then we also have the Takagi Outdoor Tankless Water Heater which promises to deliver a continuous supply of hot water to a one- or a two-bathroom apartment with a flow rate of about 6.6 gallons per minute at 140,000 BTU per hour. It includes an internal freeze protection system for safety purposes and prevents accidental changes in the water temperature while being used on whatever kind of weather.
Furthermore, the Camplux Pro Outdoor Gas Tankless Water Heater is a portable hot water system which is easy to set up and use. It is energy-saving, and its flow rate is 6.86 gallons per minute at 180,000 BTU per hour.
The unit is compact, wall-mounted, and includes a digital remote control. It has a low NOx emission level and an anti-freezing protection system so you can experience continuous flow of reliable and consistent hot water supply.
After laying down all the features, advantages, and disadvantages of the Rinnai V65EN Outdoor Tankless Natural Gas Water Heater and checking other related models popular on the market today, will you have it installed as your new water heater at home?
We can say that it is an excellent choice for a tankless water heater. It comes with advanced features which are worth its cost, and it ensures a continuous supply of hot water in your home.
It also complies with the low NOx emission level, which makes it less toxic than the other heaters. The unit is space-saving, energy-saving, and is easy to install. There are minimal venting requirements since it is an outdoor-only unit.
However, if you prefer a cheaper option while ensuring your safety from nitrogen oxide emissions, you can choose either the Rheem or the Camplux which are both compliant to the low NOx emission level requirement. While the Takagi model offers an internal freeze protection system for your safety, it does not comply with the low NOx policy.
Overall, we can say that all of these outdoor water heaters are all very similar to one another. The good thing is that they can all ensure a continuous supply of reliable and safe hot water in your home.
With the Rinnai V65EN water heater, all you need to consider are the added features that they come with versus your demands so you can end up with the perfect choice that matches your personal needs and preferences.
You might also like this: The Eccotemp L10 Portable Tankless Water Heater Review