Tankless water heaters provide an energy efficient and space-saving water heating solution. This post is created to introduce you to the Titan water heater brand that has been making water heaters for over three decades.
One model in particular can provide sufficient on demand hot water to your house is their Titan N 120 tankless water heater.
Tankless water heaters use either gas or electricity to power up its heaters and supply hot water directly to the faucets around the house. The entire heating process uses less energy than standard, tanked water heaters, with some brands even claiming to use much less energy since the water is only heated when needed.
The tiny titan water heater is a good investment if you’re thinking about replacing your existing water heating system or if you’re building a new house of your own. And, as many investments go, you have to know everything you can before making that purchase.
Here is a comprehensive view of what to look for in a water heater
- Console Controls – the best tankless would have adjustable temperature controls that can be found on the main console. It does not have to have a lot of buttons as you would want your water heater to be simple and free of frills.
- Warranty – the manufacturer’s warranty is a given with any product but make sure to read the fine print and know which scenarios are covered. Check the duration of the warranty as well as specific services that the company would cover.
- Size Matters – tankless water heaters are sized differently, and it is important you determine the right sized water heater for your house. A small tankless water heater servicing a large household can result in the water temperature constantly fluctuating.
Titan SCR2 N 120 Electric Tankless Water Heater – Finding the Right Size:
Here are some tips that will help you find the right size of tankless water heater for your house.
- Total the number of faucets that you would want to run hot water on.
- Compute the flow rate. The standard flow rate for a house with five people is 3.26 gallons per minute.
- Compute the required temperature rise by subtracting the incoming water temperature from the output that you would require.
- Using these figures, compute the required size. Usually, the resulting number would be close to double that of the flow rate that you got from Step 2.
Just like any other water heater, the Titan SCR2 N-120 Electric Tankless Water Heater can handle the stress and demand of a normal-sized house. It comes with the following features:
- Continuous Flow of Hot Water – this tankless water heater provides a continuous flow of hot water throughout the house and keeps the temperature consistent all throughout.
- Recommended for Warmer Climates – the Titan SCR2 N-120 is highly recommended for warmer climates, especially if the groundwater is above 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Easy to Install – this Titan SCR2 N-120 Tankless Water Heater is quick to install right off the box.
- Adjustable Temperature Control – the console of the Titan SCR2 N-120 has a switch for setting the right temperature.
- Small Space Needed – this Titan Electric Tankless Water Heater is smaller sized and designed to fit in little places.
- Ideal for a Medium-sized Dwelling – the Titan N 120 tankless water heater can provide for a house with one to three bedrooms without experiencing any fluctuation with regards to the water temperature.
- Quick Install – This tankless water heater is easy to install on your own. However, having a professional do it is recommended more to prevent any untoward accident.
- Immediate Savings – The savings from this unit is immediately felt when it comes to electricity costs. The Titan SCR2 N-120 uses less energy than its contemporaries, and it is not that expensive.
- Water Flow – the Titan SCR2 N-120 provides less water pressure at times if there is low water pressure going into the unit. Be sure to have proper incoming pressure before installing unit.
- Low GPM = Low Pressure – much like other tankless water heaters, the Titan SCR2 N-120 Electric Tankless Water Heater requires about 10 GPM of water and can severely affect the water pressure coming from the heater. This can result in a lower water flow as well, especially when the GPM falls much lower than the minimum.
- Fluctuating Water Temperature – Since the tiny titan is a smaller water heater, if more than one faucet is used at the same time you may experience some temperature fluctuations. Let the water run for a minute or two to let the temperature stabilize.
The Titan SCR2 N-120 Electric Tankless Water Heater is the perfect sized tankless water heater for a medium-sized home. It can also provide a consistent flow of hot water regardless of how many faucets are on. The easy to use adjustable controls let you dictate the temperature, and it is very easy to install, even by yourself.
The features of the Titan SCR2 N-120 Tankless Water Heater are quite similar to other tankless water heaters like the Rheem RTEX-08 240V Heating Chamber Residential Tankless Water Heater.
It sets itself above the rest through its size and capacity. This SCR2 N-120 Electric Tankless Water Heater is also more reliable and more consistent when it comes to providing hot water throughout your house.
The design of the Rheem RTEX-08 240V Heating Chamber Residential Tankless Water Heater is more streamlined though, and its other advantage over the Titan is its LED control screen.
It does require that you have a separate breaker for it and a heavier gauge wire for the installation which if not done correctly will result in a continuous flow of lukewarm water.
With its high quality features and advantages, the Titan Electric Tankless water heater is perfect for small to medium houses.
Additionally, this model is built by a brand that has been around for over 30 years and it will consistently deliver hot water on demand when needed. Check this out today.
|Titan SCR2 N-120 Electric Tankless Water Heater 220 Volts||Prime||Buy Now on Amazon|
You might also like this tankless water heater model:The EcoSmart Eco 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater