One of the most efficient ways of providing on demand hot water to your house is through a tankless water tank such as the Titan SCR2 N-120 Electric Tankless Water Heater.
Tankless water heaters use either gas or electricity to power up its heaters and supply hot water directly to the faucets around the house. The entire heating process uses less energy than standard, tanked water heaters, with some brands even claiming to use much less energy since the water is only heated when needed.
Tankless water heaters are a good investment if you’re thinking about replacing your existing water heating system or if you’re building a new house of your own. And, as many investments go, you have to know everything you can before making that purchase.
Here is a comprehensive view of what to look for in a water heater
- Console Controls – the best tankless water heater would have adjustable temperature controls that can be found on the main console. It does not have to have a lot of buttons as you would want your water heater to be simple and free of frills.
- Warranty – the manufacturer’s warranty is a given with any product but make sure to read the fine print and know which scenarios are covered. Check the duration of the warranty as well as specific services that the company would cover.
- Size Matters – tankless water heaters are sized differently, and it is important you determine the right sized water heater for your house. A small tankless water heater servicing a large household can result in the water temperature constantly fluctuating.
Finding the Right Size: Titan SCR2 N-120 Electric Tankless Water Heater
Here are some tips that will help you find the right size of tankless water heater for your house.
- Total the number of faucets that you would want to run hot water on.
- Compute the flow rate. The standard flow rate for a house with five people is 3.26 gallons per minute.
- Compute the required temperature rise by subtracting the incoming water temperature from the output that you would require.
- Using these figures, compute the required size. Usually, the resulting number would be close to double that of the flow rate that you got from Step 2.
Just like any other water heater, the Titan SCR2 N-120 Electric Tankless Water Heater can handle the stress and demand of a normal-sized house. It comes with the following features:
- Continuous Flow of Hot Water – this Titan Electric Tankless Water Heater provides a continuous flow of hot water throughout the house and keeps the temperature consistent all throughout.
- Recommended for Warmer Climates – the Titan SCR2 N-120 is highly recommended for warmer climates, especially if the groundwater is above 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Easy to Install – this Titan SCR2 N-120 Tankless Water Heater is quick to install right off the box.
- Adjustable Temperature Control – the console of the Titan SCR2 N-120 has a switch for setting the right temperature.
- Small Space Needed – this Titan Electric Tankless Water Heater is designed to fit in little places.
- Ideal for a Medium-sized Dwelling – the Titan SCR2 N-120 can provide for a house with one to three bedrooms without experiencing any fluctuation with regards to the water temperature.
- Quick Install – This tankless water heater is easy to install on your own but having a professional do it is recommended more to prevent any untoward accident.
- Immediate Savings – The savings from this unit is immediately felt when it comes to electricity costs. The Titan SCR2 N-120 uses less energy than its contemporaries, and it is not that expensive.
- Limited Water Flow – the Titan SCR2 N-120 provides only a trickle of hot water at times, but this might be caused either by a faulty ignition system or by low water pressure coming from the tap.
- Low GPM, Low Pressure – much like other tankless water heaters, the Titan SCR2 N-120 Electric Tankless Water Heater requires about 10 GPM of water and can severely affect the water pressure coming from the heater. This can result in a low trickle as well, especially when the GPM falls much lower than the minimum.
- Fluctuating Water Temperature – if more than one faucet is used at the same time, chances are you will experience some temperature fluctuations that might last for only a couple of minutes, which is bearable. Let the water run for a minute or two to let the temperature stabilize.
The Titan SCR2 N-120 Electric Tankless Water Heater is the perfect tankless water heater for a medium-sized home, and it can provide a consistent flow of hot water regardless of how many faucets are on. The adjustable controls let you dictate the temperature, and it is very easy to install, even by yourself.
The features of the Titan SCR2 N-120 Tankless Water Heater are quite similar to other tankless water heaters like the Rheem RTEX-08 240V Heating Chamber Residential Tankless Water Heater. It sets itself above the rest through its size and capacity. This SCR2 N-120 Electric Tankless Water Heater is also more reliable and more consistent when it comes to providing hot water throughout your house.
The design of the Rheem RTEX-08 240VHeating Chamber Residential Tankless Water Heater is more streamlined though, and its other advantage over the Titan is its LED control screen. It does require that you have a separate breaker for it and a heavier gauge wire for the installation which if not done correctly will result in a continuous flow of lukewarm water.
With its features and advantages, the Titan SCR2 N-120 Electric Tankless Water Heater is perfect for small to medium houses, and it can consistently deliver hot water on demand when needed. Make sure that the location of the heater is close to the water main and an electric socket so that it will work more efficiently.
You might also like this tankless water heater model: The EcoSmart Eco 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater